Iced tea is a refreshing and easy-to-make summer beverage. Here's a simple recipe for making iced tea at home:
- 4-5 tea bags (black, green, or herbal tea)
- 8 cups of water
- Sweetener (sugar, honey, agave or stevia ) to taste (optional)
- Lemon slices (optional)
- Ice cubes
- Boil the water in a large pot or kettle.
- Add the tea bags to the boiling water and let them steep for 3-5 minutes, depending on the type of tea and your personal taste.
- Remove the tea bags and add sweetener, if desired. Stir until the sweetener is fully dissolved.
- Allow the tea to cool to room temperature, then pour it into a large pitcher.
- Add lemon slices, if desired, and refrigerate until chilled.
- When ready to serve, fill glasses with ice cubes and pour the chilled tea over the ice.
- Garnish with additional lemon slices, if desired, and enjoy your homemade iced tea!
You can also experiment with different flavors by adding fresh herbs like mint or basil, or by using fruit juices instead of water to steep the tea. Enjoy!